Porfirio Tramontana is currently an assistant professor at the University of Naples Federico II. He received a five-year degree in computer engineering, in March 2001, and a PhD degree in November 2005 from the University of Naples Federico II.
His main research interests regard the field of Software Engineering, applied, in particular, to Web Applications. In details, his main research interests are in the fields of:
- Testing Automation of Android Applications;
- Reverse Engineering, Testing, Maintenance, Comprehension of Web Applications (in particular, AJAX based applications and Flash animations);
- Automatic Classification of Web pages;
- Migration of functionalities of legacy applications towards Web services (in particular, REST services)
- Assessment and improvement of the quality of Web applications;
- Semantic interoperability in the Web environment;
- Service Level Agreements for Web Services;
He has served as a reviewer for some international conferences and journals including, among the others, IEEE Symposium on Web Systems Evolution, IEEE European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering.
He was Program co-chair for the 13th IEEE Symposium on Web Systems Evolution, held in Williamsburg, Virgina, US in September 2011
13th IEEE International Symposium on Web Systems EvolutionCo-located with the 27th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM 2011)